Exit of beloved 'Young and the Restless' star after more than 30 years

'Ashley Abbott' will be leaving the show and fans are heartbroken about it.

Eileen Davidson announced on Twitter that she would be leaving the TV soap The Young and the Restless in September. The actress revealed that she wanted to have more control over her day to day life.

Eileen Davidson, 59, won the role of Ashley Abbott on The Young and the Restless, beating out over 100 candidates, and went on to star in the show, and the sister soap The Bold and The Beautiful, for 30 years.

The actress has starred on the show since 1984, and she has appeared in nearly 1,500 episodes to date. The Young and the Restless has five one-hour episodes a week, and the schedule is punishing. Read more about Eileen Davidson on our Twitter account @amomama_usa

Yes I am leaving my second home @YandR_CBS in September. I’ve been so blessed to be able to play Ashley Abbott and work with the amazing people on the show and have nothing but gratitude and love for all!!! Time for a little more control over my day to day!

Eileen Davidson, Twitter, June 27, 2018.

Davidson attributed her leaving the show to a need to regain control of her life and have more time for her family. She confessed she would miss her fellow cast members and that she considered the show her 'second home.'

This announcement comes just a year after Davidson left the reality show The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills where she was earning a record salary of $750,000 per season.

Davidson explained that she was leaving the reality show because her demanding schedules at The Young and The Restless, as well as Days of Our Lives, were becoming impossible to handle and encroached on her family life.

Davidson hinted that she might appear on the show from time to time as a guest actress, and thanked her fans for 30 years of their love and support.

Davidson is one of the most talented and respected daytime soap actresses and is a four-time Daytime Emmy nominee and two-time winner for both Y&R and Days of Our Lives.

Davidson is married to actor, former tennis professional and World Poker Tour commentator, Vincent Van Patten. The two met in 2000 and have been together for 18 years. They share a son, Jesse Thomas Van Patten, who is now 15 years old.

ncG1vNJzZmimlazAb63MqKSapZFjsLC5jnJrcGhhYrK5tdNmmZ6kn6uypXnYqKynn12nsrTAy56qrGWjqa6zeZJpZLKdkad7qcDMpQ%3D%3D